Friday 18 October 2013

Botanics - Boots (Review)

 

Firstly, I am very sorry for my lack of posts here. I've been too focused on my new blog - www.justbreathewanderlust.blogspot.co.uk and sort of, maybe, forgotten about this one. However, I am now back! 

Boots Botanics Makeup Remover 

Usually I am very lazy at night with taking off my makeup, I get tired and then I just can't be bothered! 

Lately though my skin hasn't been too happy with this, and I can't say I blame it - after all it is kinda gross! If I did bother I'd only use a makeup wipe - which isn't a great substitute since it just wipes the dirt around your face thus into your pores! 

I picked these up from Boots a little while back. Last time I went in however, they had a 3 for 2 offer - how annoying! They were quite cheap as they retail for under £5 each. They're also approved by and developed in conjunction with the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 


I got the amazing Botanics All Bright Eye Soothing Eye Makeup Remover which retails at £3.99 for 150ml. 

What drew me to this product was that it claims to 'remove even waterproof makeup', now my Benefit They're Real mascara (http://bellezzaisbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/review-benefit-they-real.html) isn't waterproof however, it is EXTREMELY stubborn to remove, and so I thought I'd give this a try to remove it. 


Also, if you've been reading this blog for some time, or if you know me, you'll know that I love doing smokey eyes and wear lots of mascara and dark colours, which are always the most stubborn to remove - cue the panda eyes! 

What this product claims

- removes even waterproof makeup 
- helps soothe the eye area 
- conditions lashes
- leaves skin smoother and brighter 

What I think of its claims

- I did try it on some waterproof mascara and it did work! It also managed to remove my stubborn Benefit mascara - it didn't even leave a trace of it on my lashes! 
- I'm not sure if it helps soothe the eye area (I'd have to test it when I have sore hayfever eyes!) but it does feel nice afterwards. 
- My lashes are definitely in much better condition with this, before I was scrubbing so hard to get my mascara off but now it takes it away without all the scrubbing - which in turn has helped my lashes.
- My skin around my eyes does feel really soft and smooth after using this product, also it does apear to look brighter - but it does leave an oily residue too, which is easily removed by using a clean cotton wool pad. 

Pros & Cons 

Pros: 

- easily removes stubborn makeup, as well as waterproof
- you don't need to use a lot of it for it to work 
- it leaves your skin nice and soft & smooth
- conditions lashes
- it doesn't at all burn the sensitive eye area
- cheap price 

Cons: 

- it does leave a oily residue after - as I mentioned earlier, but this is easy to remove with a clean cotton wool pad

^ other than that I have no cons! 




I also got the lovely Botanics Gentle Cleansing Cream which retails at £3.99 for 250ml. 

I brought this one just to go with the eye makeup remover, and so that I didn't use any makeup wipes again! 

What the product claims

- removes makeup, oil and impurities 
- isn't drying to the skin
- leaves skin soft and brighter looking 

What I think of its claims 

- it does remove makeup and oils easily, again without needing too much product 
- I have dry skin away, especially in the winter. However, this product hasn't made my skin any worse, if anything it has made it less dry. 
- after using this product my skin does feel much softer and looks bright and healthy! 


Pros & Cons

Pros: 

- it does exactly what it says 
- removes makeup easily and you don't have to use much product 
- cheap price 
- leaves skin soft & healthy looking 
- doesn't make your skin dry 
- it doesn't smell much at all 

Cons: 

I honestly can't think of ant cons for this product

I will definitely be re-purchasing both of these products - however I think that, they will last quite a long time as you don't need to use much product for them to work. I also have put them into little 60ml bottles and left them at my boyfriends house for when I stay there, but I still have a lot of product left in the big bottles! 

I think that with these products being so good, I'd most definitely try other products from their range! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment